Monday, August 22, 2011

Ramen Noodles




One of Kayden's favorite foods is Ramen Noodles. Yeah, I know it's not very good for you but it was one of the few things he would eat. Today I took a shot at making my own gluten free ramen noodles. There probably is a blog somewhere out there that has a good recipe for this but I didn't look. Here's what I came up with:

DeBoles Gluten Free Rice Angel Hair
*Boil noodles as directed on box. Drain water, rinse noodles and drain again.

Pacific Natural Foods organic free range chicken broth
*Add broth to noodles and heat up.
*Add salt and pepper to taste.
*I am a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants cook so I added paprika, ground nutmeg and curry powder. The curry really helped give the noodles the "ramen" taste. I did this all by taste and smell so I don't have exact measurements (sorry!).

There you have it! Gluten free ramen noodles. They passed the "Kayden test" so I consider this little adventure a success!



0 comments:

Post a Comment