Monday, August 22, 2011

Artichoke Basil Frittata

I found this recipe on glutenfreely.com . Our family (except Kayden) LOVES this! When I make this for dinner, I usually cook a few eggs for Kayden to eat plain. I also will use more eggs than the recipe calls for since we eat this for dinner and there is no way we could get 6 servings out of the original recipe. Here is the recipe copied straight from the glutenfreely site:

Ingredients:
  • 1 can (13 to 14.5 oz) artichoke hearts, drained, or 1 package (12 oz) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped red onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I used a whole a whole garlic b/c I LOVE garlic so much)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves (I used less)
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 6 eggs (I used more)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 tablespoons freshly grated imported Parmesan cheese (Since Kayden doesn't eat this, I do add the parmesan. If he did decide to eat it, I would just add the parmesan to our individual plates instead of cooking it in.)
Preparation Instructions:
  1. Cut artichoke hearts into quarters. In 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat (if not using nonstick skillet, increase oil to 2 tablespoons). Add onion, garlic, basil and parsley; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Reduce heat to medium-low.
  2. In medium bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper until blended. Pour over onion mixture. Arrange artichokes on top of egg mixture. Cover; cook 7 to 9 minutes or until eggs are set around edge and beginning to brown on bottom (egg mixture will be uncooked on top). Sprinkle with cheese.
  3. Set oven control to broil. Broil frittata with top about 5 inches from heat about 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked on top and light golden brown. (Frittata will puff up during broiling but will collapse when removed from broiler.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment